Hostels are an important Place for students. Hostels provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation where students can stay. We are pleased to welcome you to Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha, a vibrant hub of lifelong learning. As you start on your fascinating journey of discovery, education and self-improvement, you will find that there has never been a better time to begin that journey than now in Wardha. This city offers a range of education choices and cultural diversity to enrich your learning experience during your time here.
Studying away from home opens up a world of exciting learning possibilities, more so in a city with affiliations to names like Mahatma Gandhi, Vinoba Bhave, etc. But along with the excitement comes the unknown as you begin your learning journey. That is why we giving you all the details to help you settle into life in Wardha quickly. We hope that you make a home away from home during your term of study in Wardha.
Separate spacious and modern hostels are available for both boys and girls. The hostel environment is highly conductive for academic pursuit and happy living. A dining hall is available for students with vegetarian food served on dividing rate basis. Facilities like indoor games, Internet facility, gym, television room, recreation rooms with dailies, sports/technical magazines,etc, are also available.
Some Rules and Regulation for Hostels
- Each room of a hostel is equipped with a bed, a mattress, a pillow, a table, a chair, a cupboard and a soft board.
- All Hostels are â€œNo Smokingâ€ Campuses. Students shall not bring, take and / or drink any alcohol/intoxicating drink, drug or any similar thing of any kind whatsoever and/or smoke in the room and/or any part of the premises; the same shall apply to visitors also. In case of default, a strict disciplinary action, amounting to rustication from the hostel/institute, will be taken.
- There is a strict code of conduct practiced at all Hostels. Students wishing to stay in Hostel will have to abide by code of conduct.
- The applicant, who will be granted admission, shall strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations and in token of his/her acceptance, shall sign the declaration.
- Proper Dress: The students should be decently dressed when they are out of the rooms. As to what is a decent dress, the decision of the Rector shall be final. Thus, tight body hugging clothes, short skirts, short tops etc. are forbidden outside the room.
- Medical: It is mandatory for all students staying in the hostel to undergo medical check-up.
- The Rector has the discretion to inspect any room, at any time.
- The student shall not carry on any political or communal activity, which is detrimental to the law and order and/or against the Government and shall not carry on any propaganda or publicity of any nature whatsoever in respect of any thing or any matter including political or communal matters.
- Electricity Restrictions: No electric appliance shall be permitted in the room, failing which the rector will have the right to confiscate the gadget. The lights in the bathroom should be used only as and when necessary and shall not be kept on when the bathroom is not in use. While leaving the room the student should take care to put off the lights and fans without fail. In case of default a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged on every such occasion. Lights will be put off from 12.30 a.m. until 5 a.m. Only fans will be allowed to be kept on during this period. Except during examination period this period will be 1 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Visitors: Visitors (Parents & Friends) are allowed to visit the student only in the visitorsâ€™ lobby on the service floor between 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on working days and between 11.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays. No student shall keep talking with visitors in the compound either in or outside the gate / lane. No student shall take any visitor including his/her parents to the room. Personal servants / domestic helpers are also not allowed inside the rooms.
- Student shall take prior written permission of the Rector before giving any information or interview regarding hostel to any member of the Press, Radio, Television or any other media or before making any speech containing any information regarding the hostel.